Going on a diet means giving up eating many of our favorite foods and preparations and this may make you want them more than when you could eat them. If you feel identified with this premise and the cakes are what you miss, surely you have ever asked yourself: Are there light cakes?
I will tell you that the answer is positive, that there are light cakes and then we will review five cake recipes to keep you on a diet. However, lightening a cake is simple if you substitute cream or cheese for its light versions and dispense with the base of broken dough or puff pastry or if you use brick dough instead. With these two tricks you already advance in the matter.
Five light cake recipes to keep you on a diet
Usually, it is listening to the word cake and associating it with sweet elaborations. But there are many salty cakes that fall into this category and a great example of this are quiche. In this compilation, we wanted to include both types, so we bring two salty cakes and three sweet cakes. Let's go with them.
Thin caramelized onion and goat cheese pie
This is a thin and crunchy pie, very simple and quick to make. Though It is quite light, it can lighten even more. The key is to use less brick dough sheets, reduce the amount of pistachios and caramelize the scallion over a heat so soft that it releases its own sugar and does not need additives.
- Ingredients for a cake mold 23 cm in diameter: 8 brick dough sheets, 3 scallions, 1 large goat cheese curl 4 centimeters thick, 25 g raw pistachios, 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, pepper, a dash of olive oil and thyme raw.
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Chop the scallions into rings and sauté them in a pan with a drizzle of oil, until they begin to brown. Pepper and sprinkle with sugar. Let caramelize for five minutes and remove from heat. Then we extend the brick paste sheets at the base of the mold, separating them from each other to form a small flywheel. We spread the scallion throughout the surface, then the sliced goat cheese, pistachios and finally a drizzle of olive oil. We paint the protruding edges of dough with the beaten egg yolk. Bake 20 minutes or until the brick dough is golden brown. We decorate with thyme on branch or our favorite fresh aromatic herb before serving.
Link | Thin caramelized onion and goat cheese pie
Cheese quiche without base
As mentioned above, quiche are a tremendously popular and delicious type of salty pie. This one, that of cheese without base, is especially easy to make and less bland than those with a bottom of broken dough or puff pastry. Using the light version of cheese and ideal milk instead of liquid cream you get a lighter bite yet, very apt to maintain the diet.
- Ingredients: 300 ml of liquid cream, 200 ml of milk, 16 cheeses in portions, 5 eggs, 100 g of flour, 60 g of serrano ham in taquitos, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC. We put the cream, milk and cheese in a saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Remove from heat and temper. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the flour until we have no lumps. We add the previous mixture, little by little, mixing well and seasoning generously with nutmeg, salt and pepper. We pour in a greased cake mold and spread over the ham taquitos. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Link | Cheese quiche without base
Light cherry and cheese tartlets
These light cherry and cream cheese tarts are a simple dessert that allows you to give yourself a whim free of regrets and without sinning too much Its base does not have as much fat nor sugar as the classic cracked or puff pastry. For this reason it is convenient to consume them as soon as you fill in, as it softens over time. Out of season, the cherry can be replaced by another red fruit.
- Ingredients for two or three units: 100 g of pastry flour, 50 g of spelled flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of chemical yeast (booster), 80 ml of cream cheese, 25 g of unsalted butter at room temperature, 2-3 tablespoons of cold milk, 200 g of fresh beaten cheese, quark or cottage cheese, 1-2 tablespoons of honey, a good handful of cherries and sugar to taste.
- Preparation of the base: Mix the baking flour with spelled flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and chemical yeast in a bowl. In another bowl, place the cream cheese, the soft butter and two tablespoons of milk. Beat with some rods and add to the dry ingredients. Work all together until you have a homogeneous mass. If it is very dry, add a little more milk. You have to get a smooth dough, slightly moist but soft and soft. Form a disk, wrap in plastic film and leave in the fridge half an hour. Preheat the oven to 175ºC and grease a medium sized cake pan or an individual pair. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cover the molds. Squeeze well with your hands so that they are not too thick. Cover with a piece of paper towels, fill with weights of baking, rice or dried vegetables, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Preparation of the filling and completion: Beat the fresh smoothie cheese or quark cheese with honey to taste until it is creamy. Fill the tartlets when they are cold and top with chopped cherries. Sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Link | Light cherry and cream cheese tartlets
Apple pie in fifteen minutes
This recipe for apple pie in fifteen minutes is one of those that should be stored as gold cloth. Not only is it easy and quick to make, but also It is light because it has no base. With this recipe, from now on, even the most neglected for pastries can enjoy a delicious homemade cake.
- Ingredients: 2 or 3 apples, 3 L eggs, 50 g of butter, 250 ml of semi-skimmed milk, 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, 150 g of sugar, 1 envelope of chemical yeast, liquid caramel to bathe the mold and 3 tablespoons of Apricot or apple jam to varnish the cake.
- Elaboration: Brush the base and sides of the mold with a little liquid caramel. Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Melt the butter in the microwave, for a few seconds at medium power, and temper the jam another few seconds. We booked while we beat the dough. In a tall glass, we toss the cornstarch, eggs, milk, sugar, yeast sachet and melted butter. Beat until homogenized. We pour into the mold and place the apples on top. We introduce in the microwave and cook at 800 watts for five minutes. Let stand five minutes in the microwave, before cooking another four minutes at 800 watts. Prick with a stick, if it comes out clean remove the mold from the microwave. If the stick comes out wet, we cook a minute or two more (it depends on the microwave). Brush with the jam and gratin a minute to brown the surface. Chill before serving.
Link | Apple pie in fifteen minutes
Thin mango pie
In the last cake of the compilation, the protagonist is mango, a very tasty, refreshing and exotic fruit. The thin mango pie is a fresh dessert, perfect to put an end to a copious meal. We can enjoy it temperate or fresh from the fridge, but yes, the day it has been prepared, before the brick paste loses its crunch.
- Ingredients for six people: 6 sheets of brick pasta, 2 medium mangoes, 30 g of melted butter, 2 teaspoons of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or cane honey. For almond cream: 60 g of butter at room temperature, 60 g of sugar, 60 g of almond powder, 20 g of roasted almond granillo, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 M egg.
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Peel the mango and cut it into thin slices. We reserve To make the base, we put on a baking sheet a sheet of brick paste, paint it with melted butter and sprinkle it with icing sugar. We repeat this operation with the rest of the sheets. To make the cream, we beat the butter with a few rods at room temperature with the sugar. We add the almond powder, cornstarch, egg and almond granule, reserving a little to sprinkle when serving. We spread on the brick mass, up to one centimeter from the edge, and place the flower-shaped handle. Bake for about 25 minutes, remove and brush with maple syrup, sprinkling the almond granola.
Link | Thin mango pie